Pages

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Solitude

So here I am, at last.
A dog for company and the whole house is ours.
The family is away for a couple of days but my life should still go on as it
However when the house is empty like this I lose all interest in the house, I put the dog on a lead, pull on a jacket and head out to the hills just a mile away.
I arrive at my favourite place on the hill and the sun begins to rise, lighting up the land before me so I can see for miles.
As the light touches my face I let my thoughts go walkabout and reflect things recently passed.
My dog sits down beside me and looks in the same direction but I barely notice as I'm now lost in deep thought.
After delving through my latest thoughts and troubles and resolving them, I snap out of my stupour and walk down the hill to find a dry ptch of grass.
As I lie down I take note of how quiet everything before the sound of rush our traffic pollutes the area.
As I hear the first signs of rush hour I rise up and walk back him and rouse the dog who has also drifted off in the peaceful enviroment.
I look forward to the next day hoping for good weather so I can again enjoy the peace of being in touch with my inner-self.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment