Pages

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Hello another one :)

I'm not the greatest at changing gears

Sometimes I forget the need to pedal
I make the bike sneeze, trip and cough out
The fractions of the abandoned speed

I like to cycle on the pathway
Scaring the dog walkers and children
I feel like a total expert biker
In that aerodynamic clingy gear

I'll dodge past them with a smug look
And continue on towards the river
Speeding by around the corners
Narrowly missing the friendly edge

Sometimes I think if I didn't miss it
It'd bounce back on the rubber resistance
The mosaics would skim the water's surface
Cupping and spilling the clear wet

Maybe the bike would get even drunker
On the freezing cold content of the river
We christened it foolishly by the name 'water'
And promised to keep it calming still

With ethanol joy it would set flight
Up up left, down left, down right
If there aren't any birds with which to collide
We'll continue successfully.

Planes

Step aside!
 
- Tallie

1 comment:

  1. Tallie, this one is brilliant! I love how you personify the bike, & my favourite part is from "Maybe the bike would get even drunker..."

    There are so many phrases that I couldn't even imagine. The way you write is genius. :)♥

    - tor

    ReplyDelete