Pages

Sunday 23 May 2010

The drums take me.
As I'm spinning.
In a drunken haze.
The lights flashing.
I'm drifting.
I'm lost.
I love it.
Laughing.
My head pounding.
People fly by.
My pack in the same state.
So much to take in.
As I growl at things.
That rip at my chest.
As the beer flows down my throat.
Howling at myself.
"Why am I not falling?"
I keep drinking.
Keep spinning.
Six pints, not including the two before we came.
Shots.
One, two, three, four, five!
Come on!
Keep spinning.
The drums in my ear.
Throwing my head around.
I can feel the anger fading.
everything I kept inside.
Going.
Leaving.
Unleashed from my soul.
I'm laughing.
Loving every second.
And the feeling carries through.
To when I'm back.
No longer drunk.
But still laughing
And loving every second.
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment