Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

Different Perspectives

I see him every morning, every day and every night.
And just want to make sure that every thing's alright.
For a while now, I've noticed he's quiet.
His eyes are sunken, he looks tired.
He smells different to what I know.
On the air his sadness flows.
He used to smile.
Now he snarls all the while.
And then again, I sit and watch.
While blood drips from his wrists on cloth.
I don't know why, he still has me.
And every now and then I see.
A smile cross his depressed face.
When I see him, and over I race.
When he puts, his arms around me.
When I wake, and he sleeps soundly.
When he's off with his new pack.
He always smiles when he's back.
He laughs and jokes, and is how I remember.
Before around, last November.
Since then everything about him changed.
But now he's back, and he's uncaged.
Because of this, I smile too.
My boy is back, he's born anew.
-The Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment