Pages

Friday 3 December 2010

Simplicity

Things are changing faster than
I can run up
(Out of breath, smoke filing out of my mouth
One Co2 after the next
An upheaval)
And catch them,
Maybe they are dandelions, feathers, snow
Maybe it's a plastic bag
A leaf
Rubbish.
I'm still trying to catch it.

Let's talk about it
Sit me down with a cup and don't tell me
Line limits
Let's talk about it over a drop of Baileys
We'll give it a title
Like Carol Ann Duffy with her nostalgia.

See
There
Is
No
Purity.

Like there is no love that stretches out from my road to my friend's road
In San Francisco
I thrown myself like a dice and then maybe, just maybe
I'll stretch out, along with the abstract nouns and then maybe
There is a chance
That I will see a glimpse of it in a
Coffee bean

In a coffee machine
.
Still for a minute
Then nothing but a whiff
In the chef's nose.
Catch it if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment