Pages

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Not I

Oh, I don't believe in being in love.
Not I
A special tolerance for another's lies.
another's trip ups
another's accidents, fears, mishaps
Foolishness.
Oh I don't believe in being in love.
Not I
I could believe in 'Love'
but all 'Love' is,
is enjoying companionship.
which is altogether
diferent
from being 'In Love'
'In Love' is a Fools game.
I may be a fool.
but i do not play Fools Games.
I will not play Fools Games.
and there is no incentive for
anyone
to play Fools Games
with me.
Being In Love
is a marketing tool.
a source to say:
Something Is Wrong With You!
We Can Fix It!
but oh, there is nothing to FIX
there is only room for hallucinogens
there is only room for mist
and smoke
and tricks of the mind.
But with eyes as sharp as mine,
I cannot play Fools Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment