Pages

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Aquafresh and Boots brushes
Have just left my terminator jaws
And it's late
I'm dry, narrow-eyed and you're
Flowing with something
Was it the half-flat rabbit on the way
To M6? The fact that Google maps
Now let you walk the streets of Tokyo?
The trainers that your husband left
For tripping over?

You meet me on my sofa, Froydan glory
We're going into therapy
I walk along the walls and cieling
Of the box that you are in.
You say you're getting thin despite
The fact that pastries resume
And running's ceased and you
Just measure out minutes
Banana-flovoured medicine.

I promise that we'll work out a plan
We'll move to London.
We will visit Germany. We'll write
This down next morning, when it's not
Half twelve. I wake to you
Being away somewhere. Next time I see you
You are
Downstairs, shopping bags galore,
A haircut the six year old
Will ignore

And you just sit there, acceptance
Lapping up the wine
Playing Monopoly.
Marital bliss, once again, won.

Curls loosened by the rain,
My work here is done.

-Tallie


Guys, visit http://poetry365.tumblr.com - ENDLESS inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment